Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the managerial oversight and reporting directly to the Manager of Revenue Cycle Business Operations, this position as Revenue Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing the activities of Level I, II and III PFS Medical Billing Representatives and Billing Operations Specialists. The Revenue Operations Supervisor assists in planning, coordinating, and supervising the operations and functions relating to Lahey Health Professional Billing activities and all training and education activities as they pertain to system-wide quality, improvements, and revenue cycle/systems workflow initiatives.
This position will assist the department manager in managing and leading the day-to-day activities of the Revenue Operations department. These activities, primarily related to identifying and resolving Registration and Insurance related issues, involve the following phases of the Revenue Cycle:
- Front-end charge and claim edits held for registration or coverage errors
- Denials as a result of eligibility, coordination of benefits, or referral/authorization related reasons.
- Remittance payment errors due to coverage mismatches
- Accounts held for disputed balance and awaiting coverage and proper filing order verification and resolution
The ideal candidate for this position possesses a strong background and knowledge of Registration/Patient Access and/or Professional Billing. Prior Epic experience is preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Under the managerial oversight of the department manager, plans, sets goals and objectives, determines priorities, monitors results and oversees the overall AR and staffing responsibilities of the department.
- Assists in the review and updates of policies and procedures. Monitors staff adherence to set policies and procedures and assists in the monitoring of accounts to ensure and that government, commercial and private insurers as well as patients are billed accurately and in accordance with government rules and guidelines.
- Assists in the oversight of training and education efforts of the department
- Provides input in regard to selecting, hiring, and training of staff.
- Oversees day to day internal staff auditing and production
- Mentors PB, HB Billing, A/R staff.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the Lahey clinical departments and administrative leadership.
- Assists the manager in developing new workflows and department strategies for new technology, changing payer and regulatory environments.
- Responsible for managing the following aspects related to human resources:
- provides colleague skill and knowledge training, orientation and education, including re-training as necessary
- interviewing and recommending final candidates for hire, promotion
- within departmental guidelines, assists in the determination colleague work schedules and the reporting of work hours
- assists in the evaluation of colleague work performance and recommendations of merit or other increases/decreases in compensation
- Under the managerial oversight of the Department Manager, this position is responsible to assist with staff goal setting, planning, and monitoring performance results, reporting of key performance indicators, problem solving, ensuring employee competency, productivity and quality of work division wide.
- Works with the department manager to coordinate the management of quality levels, timeliness in the performance of transactions, the resolution of edits and control of backlogs.
- Continually strives for process improvement and efficiency.
- Ensures that the division meets Lahey customer service standards.
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Experience Required
- 3+ years in Healthcare Environment preferably in a professional or hospital Billing environment
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- The knowledge and abilitities required to perform this function would typically be acquired through training and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited school with a Bachelor degree; three (3) years of of experience in Professional/hospital billing or related revenue cycle field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the components associated with billing for a large multi-specialty academic group practice.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills along with the ability to maintain productive and professional relationships. Excellent problem identification and solving skills.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.