Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 152426-1A
Date Posted: Dec 21, 2018
Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under general supervision of the unit supervisor, and within regulatory requirements, the Hospital Revenue Posting Specialist is responsible for processing electronic and manual charge and cash revenue transactions into the hospital patient accounting computerized system. These responsibilities include batch reconciliation, preparing of bank deposits, and the resolution of complex edits. Position is required to meet stringent quality, productivity and time sensitive standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Timely verification and reconciliation of electronically received charge or remittance revenue transactions originating from a variety of charge capture and specialty driven computer systems and health insurers.
2) Evaluates and resolves clinical specialty and health insurance edits resulting from the interfacing of electronic files into the hospital patient accounting computerized system.
3) Manually enters and reconciles charge or payment transactions from encounter forms, reports, remittance advices and other revenue documents.
4) Ensures that HIPAA coding requirements are satisfied as revenue transactions are entered, including HCPC, ICD-9, Remittance and Denial codes.
5) Prepares and reconciles bank deposits
6) Reviews and responds to inquiries and requests from clinical department, coding and patient financial services colleagues.
7) Reports productivity data as required by supervisor
8) Compiles and maintains various revenue reports
9) Participates in revenue improvement initiatives
10) Identifies and works with unit members and management to resolve untimely revenue recognition, coding issues, management of complex edits and other problems and opportunities with revenue
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Experience: 6 months experience in a health care setting performing applicable responsibilities
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.