Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Lahey Health is a multi-site system that provides Business Objects services in a clustered, disaster recovery environment with distribution through third party application. The Business Objects Administrator is a pivotal resource at Lahey Health and responsible for the design, implementation, stability, health and performance of this environment. The administrator is also responsible for content migration, security, general support administration, technology analysis and recommendation, and other duties as required by the organization. This role leads and has coverage of off-hours support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Design, build, and support the Business Objects environment and services that integrated with Epic
- Develop disaster recovery strategies and plans including backup plans, recovery procedures and periodic DR drills.
- Administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the Business Objects environment
- Administer content management, including version control and migrations between multiple environments
- Lead process improvement efforts related to the environment and implement improvements
- Lead and administer support administration including ticket reporting, queue analysis, and triage
- Analyze and recommend technologies as needed
- Hand on experience on SSIS and create Integration Service packages (SSIS) to automate ETL processes
- Monitor and troubleshooting SQL Server Agent jobs that execute SSIS packages; ensuring that data is loaded in a timely manner daily
- Provide a professional service within and outside the team and represents the team in all actions
- Develop and maintain standard systems requirement documents including but not limited to: business process workflows, functional requirements documents; requirement traceability matrix, and use cases
- Support application design, configuration, deployment, and security setup activities as needed
- Develops aggregation, monitoring and alerting tools/modules
- Lead and perform off-hours support on a rotation with secondary support staff, and require to participate in a rotating on-call schedule supporting 24-hour, 7-day operations.
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department
- Bachelors Degree in a related field. In the absence of a Bachelors Degree has eight years of related experience.
- 5+ years in Business Objects (BOE) administration
- 3+ years of administration experience in BOE 3.x or 4.x in a clustered environment
- Performed BOE implementations
- Performed BOE upgrades
- Performed BOE security implementation and maintenance
- Performed BOE content migration
- Experience supporting a 24/7 environment with on-call rotation
- Experience in process improvement and design
- Experience in setting up BOE in a disaster recovery environment is preferred
- Experience with LCM is preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Deep knowledge of BOE 3.x or 4.1 architecture
- Proficient in SQL
- Self-starter and motivated
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.